You can edit a custom sales tax rate you created in QuickBooks Online.
- Select Taxes from the left menu
- Ensure Sales Tax is shown at the top. (Tip: If you use payroll in QuickBooks Online, you may need to select Sales Tax as opposed to Payroll Tax)
- Select Manage sales tax
- On the Tax agencies tab, locate the sales tax agency associated with the custom rate you wish to edit
- Choose Edit rate from the drop-down in the Actions column beside the rate you wish to edit
- Make the desired edits, then select Save
All other regions
- Select Taxes from the left menu (or GST depending on what you see).
- At the top left, select Edit rates from the drop-down under Edit tax Agency. Depending on your region, you might find Edit rates under Edit GST or Edit VAT.
- Select Edit next to the tax code you want to change. You'll only see the edit option next to codes you've created.
- Make the desired edits and select Save.
Changes to the tax code will apply to any future transactions you add it to. If you need to change the tax rate for an existing transaction, open that transaction and edit the rate manually.