You can customize reports to fit your business needs. This article guides you through the steps and the various options you have for customizing reports.
NOTE: This information does not apply to payroll reports.
Create a customized report
- Select Reports from the left menu.
- Go to the report you wish to customize.
- Select the three dots icon, then select Customize.
- Change the settings in the Customize report window.
- Select Run report at the bottom.
Customize reports: What does what?
|General||This section allows you to change the transactions dates as well as the Accounting Method. You can toggle any non-list report between Cash and Accrual basis, regardless of the company default you have set up in Company Settings.
|Rows/Columns||This section has a few sub-options depending on the report.
|Dates||This lets you choose what kind of transactions show up on the report based on the following criteria.
|Add sub columns for comparison||Include additional columns on the report for comparison purposes.
|Lists||This section allows you to filter the report results. There are three specific filters; All, Select Multiple and Specified.
|Status||Allows you to designate the transactions to appear on the report based on their status in the register.
|Header/Footer||This section allows you to change the extra information on the report such as the title, time prepared, etc. It even gives you a little preview so you can see how your report will display.|
Save, share and access a customized report
- Select Save customization at the top.
- Enter a Custom report name.
- If you want to share your customized report with other company users, select the Share with drop-down and choose All. Note that if the user who created a custom report is deleted from the company, any reports they created will also be deleted.
- Select Save.
- You can then access it through the My Custom Reports (or Custom Reports) tab in the Reports page.
Other customization options
Export reports to Excel: Currently, there is no option to change the font, color, or other aspects of the visual appearance of a report directly in QuickBooks Online. If you need to make additional customization, you can export the report to Excel and make your changes there.
Printing: You can also change the way a report prints using your Internet browser settings. Your browser adjusts margins, page orientation, and what appears in the headers and footers.
Resize column width: Depending on how many columns you choose to display on your reports, the column widths that are shown on the report will vary. If the column width seems too small, you can adjust them by selecting and dragging the column dividers at the top of your report.