When attempting to process credit or debit card transactions, you see one of the following errors:
Invalid Credit Card Type
Invalid Merchant Number
Not an allowed card type
Card not supported
Invalid merchant account
Merchant account information not recognized
These errors can be caused by an invalid entry from the customer or employee and/or Internal Server errors. Try the following steps to identify the root cause of the issue.
- Use another card to process the transaction to identify if the problem is coming from the system or card type.
- Instead of swiping, try keying the card information.
- Use a different system (GoPayment or Merchant Service Center).
- Clear your browser's cache and cookies.
- Try another station/terminal.
Additional steps if you're using credit card:
- Ensure the card has a credit card and not a debit card logo.
- Ensure your Merchant Account is properly configured to process the card type your customer is using.
(From Merchant Service Center, go to Account > Account Profile)
- If you just recently open or reopened your account, it will take 24 hours to activate the accepted card types in your Merchant Account.
- You cannot process an electronic transaction if your American Express purchase card starts with the following numbers:
- If you’re processing the payment through QuickBooks Desktop, make sure the card type of your customer is listed in the Payment Method list.