Sometimes it may look like you have an overdue tax payment, even though you're sure that you're up to date. Don't worry! Here's what's happening:
- Whenever you mark an income transaction as 'Business', we use it to calculate your estimated taxes due.
- Whenever an income transaction is from a past quarter rather than the current quarter, it shows up in as overdue.
Here are this year's estimated tax due dates for your reference:
- Q1 income received from January 1 to March 31: Estimated tax is due on April 18, 2017.
- Q2 income received from April 1 to May 31: Estimated tax is due on June 15, 2017.
- Q3 income received from June 1 to August 31: Estimated tax is due on September 15, 2017.
- Q4 income received from September 1 to December 31: Estimated tax is due on January 16, 2018.