The amount of data we can bring in when you first connect an account depends entirely on your bank. It usually ranges from 30 to 90 days. If you want to bring in data that precedes this period, you'll need to export it from your bank first, and then import it in to our app. You can import earlier data back to January 1, 2014.
To export data from your bank:
- Go to your bank's website and sign in.
- Select the account with the data you want to export.
- Look for a button, link, or other info that describes downloading or exporting your data.
- Set the date range you want, and be sure to specify CSV as the file format.
- Follow any remaining instructions to finish exporting your data.
To import transactions into our product:
- Open QuickBooks Self-Employed in a web browser
- Select Gear icon at the top
- Select Imports
- Select the account you want to import into. Make sure it's the same account you downloaded data from
- Follow the instructions to finish importing your data