It would make tidy financial housekeeping if we could start your data from January 1. But when you create your account and connect your banks and credit cards, we pull as much of your transaction data as we can. Unfortunately, the amount of data we can bring in depends entirely on your bank. It usually ranges from 30 to 90 days.
You may be able to import earlier data if your bank offers the ability to download a CSV file. Try these steps to bring in the rest of your data.
- Sign in to your bank account and follow your bank's online process for downloading transactions.
- Be sure to specify CSV as the file type.
- To guard against duplicate transactions, set a date range for the download that doesn't include transactions already in QuickBooks Self‑Employed.
- Sign back in to QuickBooks Self‑Employed and click the Gear icon in the top right.
- Click Imports, select a bank account, and click Import older transactions.