Automatic mileage tracking
You don't have to enter your mileage manually (although you can, if you really like typing). We use your location to track your trips automatically. Here's how it works:
1. Turn it on.Open the app on your mobile device, and tap the Miles tab at the bottom of your screen (iOS) or tap Miles from the menu (Android). Switch the toggle to turn on automatic mileage tracking. Make sure you also enable location services in your device's settings.
2. Take a trip.
We automatically detect your starting and stopping locations when you're driving for all of your trips, both business and personal. This could be helpful in case of an audit, in which the IRS might want to see a complete mileage log with all of the miles you drove in a given year.
3. Identify your allowable expense.
How to turn off mileage auto-tracking
You can turn off the auto-tracking feature by toggling off the Automatic Mileage Tracking option in the Mileage tab in the mobile app.
You can also turn off location services for auto-mileage tracking altogether by going to the settings in your phone:
Note : If you turn off location services, you can't automatically track your work-related trips anymore and will need to enter them into the app manually.
- Tap the Settings menu ï»¿in your phone.
- Tap Privacy.
- Tap Location Services.
- Select Self-Employed.
- Change selection from Always to Never.
- Tap Settings menu in your phone.
- Tap Privacy.
- Tap Google Location Settings.
- Tap Location Reporting and Location History, and switch the slider to off for Self-Employed.
iOS: Tap the cogwheel and select Help & FAQ.
Android: Tap the overflow menu and select Support.
Note: When you contact support, the app will ask you if you want to attach an app log to the support email. This can help us identify any issues you're experiencing.