For lots of info straight from the IRS, you can visit the IRS Self-Employed Tax Center.
What do I do with my data at year-end tax time?
On the Taxes page at the top right, you'll find a button to export your Schedule C amounts to a CSV file. You can bring the file to your accountant, or use it to help you fill out the Schedule C form yourself.
Does your product file my taxes at the end of the year?
Our product is not a year-end tax filing tool. We help you track your deductions year round to save you time when taxes are due. (But, you can send your data to TurboTax for year-end taxes if you subscribed to our Turbo Tax bundle.)
How do I export my information to Excel?
- Go to the Annual Taxes page.
- Click the Download Tax Summary button in the top right corner of the page and select Download tax details.
- Locate the file named ScheduleCTransactions.xls in the Downloads folder on your computer.
- Open this file in Excel.
- Read the detailed examples by clicking the category name on the Business Spending by Category section of your Home page. To the right of the category name, you'll see an arrow. Click the arrow to see details about the category.
- The TurboTax AnswerXChange is a great place to find answers. Read FAQs, ask a question in our community, chat with an agent, or give experts a call.
- Give your accountant a quick call or visit the IRS page on Deducting Business Expenses.