Repairing an existing QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale installation helps resolve errors you encounter while installing or using POS.
To repair an existing installation, follow the steps provided:
- On your keyboard, press Windows + E to open the Computer window.
Note: In Windows 10, 8.1 and 8, click the Computer tab.
- Click Uninstall or change a program. In certain version of Windows it may just say repair *See below*
- Select your version of QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale and click Uninstall/Change.
- In the Point of Sale Installation window, click Next and select the Repair radio button.
- Click Next again and click Repair.
- Click Finish. Your installation of POS should be repaired.
If repairing QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale does not work or resolve your issue, you will need to perform a clean install.HOW12492