While working in QuickBooks, you are getting the error
Problem: Some Sales Orders or Estimates may be incorrectly marked as closed or display incorrect invoiced quantities
- Identify the affected transactions.
- Run Verify Data Utility (File > Utilities > Verify Data).
- Open QBWin.log.
- A typical Sales Order or Estimate in QBWin.log will look like the image below. Write down the doc# for every damaged transaction.
- Create a Custom Transaction Detail report to locate the damaged transaction.
- From the Reports menu, select Custom Reports and click Transaction Detail.
- Set the date range for the affected transactions on the Display tab.
- In the Columns list section, select Trans #.
- Click the Filters tab.
- Select the Transaction Type filter and then click the drop-down menu to select your desired transaction type.
- Select the Posting Status filter and click Non Posting.
- Click OK to generate the report.
- Click the Sort By drop-down and select Trans #.
- Repair the affected transactions.
- Find the doc# of the report.
- QuickZoom (double-click) on the transaction.
- Follow these steps to repair the transaction.
NOTE: Adding a period to a field in a transaction and saving it is usually sufficient to repair the transaction. If that doesn't work, try each of the repair solutions until you find one that works in your situation.
- Repeat steps 1-3 to all damaged transactions.
- Rerun the Verify Data Utility to make sure all damaged transactions are now fixed.