When installing QuickBooks Desktop, you see the following error:
Error 1606: Could not access network location
This error happens when:
- Windows user account is damaged
- The network location listed in the error is unavailable
Solution 1: Install QuickBooks using the Administrator user account
This account is usually managed by your computer technician or owner of the company.
- Restart your computer
- Use the Windows Administrator username and password to sign in to your computer
- Install QuickBooks.
Solution 2: Install QuickBooks in selective start up
Solution 3: Install QuickBooks using a new Windows Administrator user
- Create a new Windows user with Admin rights.
- Install QuickBooks Desktop.
Solution 4: If you are running QuickBooks Desktop in Windows 7 installed in Parallels
- Sign out of your parallel and log back in.
- In the parallel Desktop, select Devices and click Shared Folders.
- Select Disconnect All (you will be logged out of the parallel).
- Sign back in and install QuickBooks Desktop.
If you continue to receive Error 1606: Could not access network location, you may have an incorrect setting in a registry subkey.SLN41920