You are setting up an account for Bank Feeds and you see this message:
An unexpected error occurred. The branding and profile servers could not be accessed. Click Cancel to discontinue setup and then retry setting up the account for online services again. Error message number: [OLSU-1011] If the problem persists, call QuickBooks Support and provide the error message number above.
This may happen if:
- The Financial Institution Directory (FIDIR) is not updated to include information for your financial institution.
- There is possible damage in your company data file.
- You are in Register or Classic mode instead of Side-by-Side or Express mode.
Intuit recommends more than one solution for this issue. The first solution may solve your problem or you may need to try all to resolve the issue. For best results, perform the solutions in the order shown.
Solution 1: Specify the default accounts for your personal and company preferences
- Log into the company file as Admin and switch to single user mode.
- From the Edit menu, go to Preferences and select Checking.
- Click the My Preferences tab and select default accounts for all four options.
- Click the Company Preferences tab and select default accounts for the two options: Create Paychecks and Pay Payroll Liabilities
- Click OK.
- Try to set up the account again for online banking.
Solution 2: Switch to Express mode (applies to U.S. only)
Switching to Express mode before activating your account for Bank Feeds helps prevent the error message. If you prefer the Register or Classic mode, you can switch back when you have completed the Bank Feeds setup.
To do this:
- From the Edit menu, go to Company Preferences and select Checking.
- Click the Company Preferences tab.
- Under the Bank Feeds section, click the Express Mode radio button.
- Click OK.
Solution 3: Check if this is happening in more than one company file
If the issue occurs in only one file: Resolve data damage on your company file.
If the issue occurs in more than one file: Proceed to Solution 4.
Solution 4: Update the Financial Institution directory to the most recent version
- Go to C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks 20XX\Components\OLB\branding\filist
- Look for the fidir.txt file and change its name to fidir.old.
- Right-click the link to your version of QuickBooks to get the latest file and from the pop-up menu, choose Save Target As/Save Link As.
- The Save As window displays. Select your Desktop as the file location and click Save.
- (Optional) If the Download complete window displays, click the Close button.
- Copy the downloaded fidir.txt file to the correct filist folder:
- Right-click the fidir.txt file on your desktop and select Copy.
- On your keyboard, press Windows+ E to open the Computer window.
- Go to the filist folder:C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks 20XX\Components\OLB\branding\filist
- Right-click inside the filist folder and select Paste. The fidir.txt file you copied from the desktop will appear in the folder.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and set up the account.