There are a few reasons why you might want to make an employee inactive in QuickBooks Online:
- Paid leave of absence
- Unpaid leave of absence
- Not on payroll
To make an employee inactive:
- Select Workers from the left menu.
- Select Employees at the top.
- Locate the name of the employee you want to make inactive.
- Select Edit in the Action column.
- Select Make inactive. Select Yes when the prompt appears.
To make an inactive employee active again:
Select the Gear Icon above the Action column, then choose Include Inactive. Select Make active from the list to activate the employee.