Keep getting error messages or seeing unusual behavior?
Run the Rebuild Utility
- From the Quickbooks Utilities menu, choose Rebuild Data.
- Select OK if you receive a prompt to backup your company file.
Note: Your computer may display the message QuickBooks is not responding. However, as long as you can see your mouse cursor move, Rebuild is still ongoing. Wait for it to complete.
- Select OK when you get the message Rebuild has completed and proceed with the next step.
Run the Verify Utility
- Under Quickbooks File menu, select Utilities, then choose Verify Data.
- Select OK when you see the message QuickBooks detected no problem with your data. You may continue using your company file.
- If Verify finds an issue with your data, you will be prompted to Rebuild Now or View Errors. Select Rebuild Now.
Running Verify is Still Populating Errors?
- Rebuild again. It's common for a rebuild to be ran two or three times, as long as your error messages are changing without looping, it's working. (Imagine a rope with a few knots in it, sometimes the data is only able to fix some issues only after others have been resolved)
Think your file needs a trip to the ER? Download Intuits File Doctor.
- First, Download the QuickBooks File Doctor to your computer.
- Always download a new version of File Doctor when you need to use it. We're always updating it. (We recommend uninstalling anything you've used before today)
- When you're ready to browse for your file, hit "CTRL+A" to identify the issue you're trying to resolve
Learn more details about the QuickBooks File Doctor - Fix your Damaged Company File or Network (US, CA, and UK)
|If you've done the above steps, but are still seeing these next errors....||
You will need to restore an older file, or create a new one
Create or restore backup files