Troubleshoot your Intuit Data Protect (IDP), if you get Error: Out of disk space from Intuit Data Protect Backup Failed email notification.
IMPORTANT: To successfully back up your files with Intuit Data Protect, you need to have at least two times the size of your biggest file set plus an additional 60MB of free space in your C drive.
For example, if the file or file set you are backing up is 1GB, you need to have 2GB and 60MB of space available.
To resolve this issue, you should either free up space on your drive or move your IDP temporary files to another drive or partition.
Move your IDP temp files to another partition or drive
Note: Before you begin, ensure Intuit Data Protect is up to date. See Verify you have the latest update for Intuit Data Protect (SF).
- Open Notepad and type SymantecWorkingFolder=D:\the\full\path\to\the\new\location where D:\the\full\path\to\the\new\location is the location where you want to move your IDP temp files.
If you want to move the files to a folder called IDPBackup on your D:\ drive, you would enter SymantecWorkingFolder=D:\IDPBackup.
If you want to move the files to folder called IDPBackups that is in a folder called BusinessFiles on your D drive, you would type SymantecWorkingFolder=D:\BusinessFiles\IDPBackups.
- Choose File > Save As.
- In the Save as type field, select All Files (".").
- In the File name field, enter IntuitDataProtect.properties.
- From the left pane of the Save As window, navigate to the user directory for Intuit Data Protect and save the file there. C:\Users\AppData\Local\Intuit\Intuit Data Protect
- Copy the Work and Temp folders in the user directory for Intuit Data Protect and paste those copies into the folder where you want to move your IDP temp files.
- Your temp directory should now work from the new location and you should no longer receive the out of disk space error.