Quickly access your active projects, assign transactions to them, and get project-specific reports like Project Profitability, Unbilled Time and Expenses, Non-billable Time and Transactions List (in QuickBooks Online Plus).
Watch a 2 minute video to check it out:
- Click the Gear, and then QuickBooks Online Labs.
- Turn on Track Projects in Labs.
- If you want to track Time or Items, go to Settings to turn these features on as well.
Set up your first project
- Click Projects from the menu.
- Click Add your first project.
- Name the project, and select or add a customer.
- You can add a note now or later, and then Save.
- You’ll see your new project card. Go ahead and click it.
- Let’s add an invoice to your project.
- Go to Add to project, and select Invoice.
- The Project name will pre-fill, so just enter your invoice as usual, and then Save.
- It’s easy to add other transactions to your project.
- Go to Add to project and choose an Expense (Or Invoice, Invoice payment, Expense, Estimate, or Time.).
- Enter the vendor/supplier's name, fill in the details, and also include the Project name just to the right of the line amount.
- Click Save.
Add a transaction to a project outside of Projects
- Open global create (+), and choose Invoice.
- Pick the project from the Customer/Projects drop-down.
- Add your invoice info as usual.
- Remember to Save.
Run Project-specific reports
- Select the project.
- Click any of the reports (Transaction List, Project Profitability, Non-billable Time or Unbilled time and expenses).
This is just the beginning for Projects, and we’d love your feedback. You’ll see a feedback button in your project. Tell us how it’s going and what we can do to make Projects better.