The following changes, improvements, and fixes were made to Canadian versions QuickBooks Desktop Pro 2017, QuickBooks Desktop Premier 2017 and QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise 17.0. Later releases (ones with higher numbers) include all changes in earlier releases.
Release 5 (R5) - March 2017
What’s important about Release 5?
- Corrected a spelling error in the Edit Assembly item window.
|Managing Complex Password
- Users now have the option to login into a Company File without having to enter username and password every time. Users only have to login with their username and password once every few days and can open the Company File or switch to a Company File without having to enter username and password, as long as they are using the same Windows user account. Users have to enter username and password again only if they have explicitly logged off from the Company File or when the login period has expired. Users selecting this new option must safeguard their computers and Windows accounts in order to ensure that their Company Files are protected. Note that this option will only apply to Client Company Files where Credit Card Protection is NOT enabled.
- This option will not be available by default in a Company File. The Company File’s Admin/Owner can enable this feature for all users by setting a Company Preference:
- For Desktop Pro/Prem customers: Go to Company > Setup Users and Passwords > Manage Login Settings
- For Desktop Enterprise customers: Go to Company > Users > Manage Login Settings
- For all customers: Go to Edit > Preferences > General > Company Preferences
- For more information, see QuickBooks Desktop Sign-In options (Managing Complex Password).
|MS Small Business Server 2011
- Install support for Microsoft Small Business Server 2011 is now included.
|Paid Bills Unpaid
- Fixed an issue that caused paid bills to become unpaid or show negative amounts after upgrading a company file to a newer version of QuickBooks Desktop and running a verify/rebuild.
Release 4 (R4) - December 2016
What's important about Release 4?
- Added the ability to print T4A forms.
- Fixed an issue that caused the "You need to setup employees before you can process a Record of Employment" error when trying to process a Record of Employment (ROE).
- Fixed an issue that caused employees to not appear in the Process Record of Employment (ROE) screen if a different year was selected for processing T4s or RL-1s.
Release 3 (R3) - October 2016
What's important about Release 3?
- For new company files created after October 27, 2016, QuickBooks Desktop is showing the following HST updates:
- Newfoundland & Labrador HST increase from 13% to 15% that went into effect July 1, 2016
- New Brunswick HST increase from 13% to 15% that went into effect July 1, 2016
- Prince Edward Island HST increase from 14% to 15% that went into effect October 1, 2016
- Enhancements made to support using “Scheduled reports” for multiple editions of QuickBooks (from the 2017 release) installed on the same machine.
- Proactive and dynamic messaging to guide users while they create schedules for sending reports. This includes detecting any conflicting settings/permissions and messaging the same to the user before they create schedules.
- SDK now supports Multi SKU and to leverage this feature SDK developers can use "QBXMLRP2.DLL and QBInstanceFinder.DLL” from this release.
- Multi SKU support is enabled by exposing a new method “BeginSession2” in interface “IRequestProcessor6”.
This notice is provided as a convenience for our customers and is not intended to supplement, modify, or extend the Intuit software license agreement between Intuit and the customer for any Intuit product or service.
Product updates can be downloaded through the program or from this site.