When does it happen?
After May 31, 2017, access to add-on services will be discontinued for Canadian versions of QuickBooks Desktop 2014, including Pro, Premier, Premier Accountant, Enterprise Solutions, and Enterprise Accountant Edition.
Note: If you do not use any of the add-on services in QuickBooks Desktop 2014, your product will continue to work for you but you will not be able to subscribe to any add-on services that integrate with QuickBooks.
What service discontinuation means:
Your access to live support, online banking, online back-up, multi-currency updates and other services through QuickBooks Desktop 2014 software will be discontinued after May 31, 2017. Also, you will no longer receive product updates starting June 1, 2017. If you are using a product affected by service discontinuation and want to maintain access to your services, you’ll need to upgrade to the latest version of QuickBooks Desktop as soon as possible.
Products affected by service discontinuation after May 31, 2017, are listed in the table below.
|Fully supported products||Products for which services will be discontinued after
May 31, 2017
QuickBooks Desktop Pro and Premier 2017, 2016, 2015
QuickBooks Desktop Pro 2014
QuickBooks Desktop Premier Accountant 2017, 2016, 2015
QuickBooks Desktop Premier Accountant 2014
QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 17, 16, 15
QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 14
QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions Accountant 17, 16, 15
QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions Accountant 14
As services to older versions are scheduled to be discontinued, we notify affected customers in advance by mail or email and through in-product notifications and information on this web site, such as this article. Please keep an eye out for updates on our future plans as they become available.
Product, upgrade, and pricing information:
We want to work with you to make sure that your upgrade experience is easy, fast, and as cost-effective as possible.
What are my QuickBooks Desktop upgrade options?
- Difference between the 2014 and 2017 products: QuickBooks Desktop 2017 includes many new productivity boosting features to help you save more time and stay more organized. Find out what’s new since 2014 and learn about the new 2017 features in action.
- System requirements: Check the system requirements for QuickBooks 2017 and Enterprise Solutions 17.0 to learn whether your current system will support the latest version of QuickBooks.
Upgrade process and assistance: After you complete your order for QuickBooks 2017, you will receive an email with a download link and instructions. Your QuickBooks Desktop 2017 purchase includes up to 60 minutes* with a QuickBooks expert who can help you:
- Get the most out of QuickBooks Desktop
- Help avoid common mistakes
- Get answers to your QuickBooks Desktop questions
- Time required: In most cases, you can update QuickBooks Desktop and your company file in less than an hour. The larger your company file, the longer it takes. After you install QuickBooks Desktop 2017, you will be prompted to register, which is required to start using QuickBooks Desktop 2017.
- Company file conversion: When you upgrade, you are prompted to convert your company file so it will work with your new product. We take great precautions during this process to protect your data. For example, QuickBooks verifies the integrity of your data file and helps you perform a backup before the upgrade process begins.
*Expires at the earlier part of 9/21/2017 or 30 days after registration. You can call upon purchase or within 30 days of completing your QuickBooks registration. One technical support phone call for up to 60 minutes (cannot be redeemed in increments) per registering customer allowed within the above-mentioned qualifying period.
Frequently asked questions you may be interested in:
Why do you discontinue products?
We are committed to developing easy, straightforward financial tools that help you today and grow with you tomorrow. But it's a balancing act - making QuickBooks Desktop better and easier to use while still supporting older versions.
How do I know if this affects me?
If you use QuickBooks Desktop 2014 and you subscribe to live technical support or any of our add-on services, you will need to upgrade your product on or before May 31, 2017 to continue using your services.
Note: As services to older versions are scheduled to be discontinued, we notify affected customers in advance by mail or email and through in-product notifications and information on this web site, such as this article. Please keep an eye out for updates on our future plans as they become available.
What if I want to talk to someone?
Call us to discuss your options:
- QuickBooks Desktop: 1.877.772.9158
- ProAdvisors: Phone and chat options are on the member support page.
What are the affected 2014 services?
After May 31, 2017, the following services will no longer be available for QuickBooks 2014. Upgrade as soon as possible to retain access to these services. Note: Additional information regarding affected services and features will be provided as it becomes available.
- Merchant Services: You will get a message that the service is no longer available, and you will not be able to process credit card transactions through QuickBooks Desktop 2014.
- Accountant Copy Transfer Service: You will no longer be able to use this service in QuickBooks Desktop to send accountants a copy of your company file.
- Multicurrency/exchange rate: You will no longer be able to use or turn-on this feature to assign specific currency types to your profiles and accounts within QuickBooks Desktop.
- Online Banking: You will receive this error message “QuickBooks Desktop is unable to verify the Financial Institution Information for this Download” during an attempt to download transactions.
Live technical supportTechnical support plans - all QuickBooks Desktop 2014 products
Support for installation, upgrades, error messages and product defects
Support for installation, upgrades, error messages, and product defects is available only for currently supported versions of QuickBooks Desktop.
Replacement CDs, manuals, and live support are no longer available. If you are still using an unsupported product and you see a message that you need to reinstall your product, you can access the QuickBooks download online.
Live telephone support on a pay-per-use basis
If you want to receive live support on a pay-per-use basis (one-time support) after May 31, 2017, you will need to have a currently supported version of QuickBooks (2017, 2016, 2015). You can still get answers to common questions by searching the QuickBooks Support web site if you choose not to upgrade, but we do not provide live support for products affected by service discontinuation.
What about registration and downloads for older, non-supported products?
We make every effort to provide customer support for registration and licensing for older versions of QuickBooks Desktop under Intuit's standard terms and conditions, if that data is available. Unfortunately, we cannot assure that we will be able to register, provide key codes, or offer data and password recovery for older versions of QuickBooks.
Similarly, although we are not able to provide replacement CDs, disks, or manuals for unsupported versions of QuickBooks Desktop, we do provide download files back to QuickBooks Desktop 2014. See download & install QuickBooks Desktop for download instructions.