QuickBooks Pro/Premier 2017 and Enterprise 17.0
- Windows 10, all editions including 64-bit, natively installed1
- Windows 8.1 (Update 1) all editions including 64-bit, natively installed
- Windows 7 SP1 all editions including 64-bit, natively installed
- Windows Server 2012 R2
Windows Server 2011
Important: Windows Server 2011 is only supported with QuickBooks Desktop 2017 R4 (and above) and QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise 17.0 R4 (and above).
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
Windows: Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2011, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows 10, Windows 8.1 (update 1) or Windows 7 SP1 (Enterprise and Professional editions only), natively installed.
Important: Windows Server 2011 is only supported with QuickBooks Desktop 2017 R4 and QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise 17.0 R4.
- Linux: When using QBES Database Server-only installation – OpenSuse 42.1, Fedora 23, Red Hat 7 (Update 2)
1 Natively installed means it was installed on a particular system or environment that it was designed for. This also means that it doesn't need to run in a virtual environment or emulation software.
Hardware and Operating system requirements (client and server)
|RAM||4GB minimum, 8GB Recommended
Server RAM Requirements
|Optical Drive||4X DVD-ROM drive required for CD installations (unless QuickBooks is downloaded from Intuit server)|
- Microsoft Office:
- Office 2016 (including Outlook 2016) both on 32 and 64-bit
- Office 2010 and Office 2013/365 (including Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2013) both on 32 and 64 bit. Note: Office 365 is only supported when it is locally installed, not the web version.
- Preparing letters requires Microsoft Word 2016, 2013, or 2010 or Office 365.
- Exporting reports requires Microsoft Excel 2016, 2013, or 2010 or Office 365.
- Contact Synchronization with Microsoft Outlook requires Outlook 2010, or 2016.
- Synchronization with Outlook requires QuickBooks Contact Sync for Outlook (the download is available at no charge). Contact Sync does not work with the Microsoft Business Contact Manager Outlook plug-in. If a sync is performed, duplicate records could result
- QuickBooks Point of Sale V12.0 and V11.0 (applies to US only)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader: Business Planner, Payroll and viewing forms require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or later.
- Payroll and other online features and services requires Internet access with at least a 56 Kbps connection speed (DSL or cable modem recommended).
- TurboTax 2015 and 2014 (Personal and Business)
- Lacerte 2015 and 2014 (applies to US only)
- Pro-Series tax years 2015 and 2014 (applies to US only)
- QuickBooks for Mac 2016 (applies to US only)
- Gmail, Yahoo Email, Windows Mail, Hotmail and AOL (i.e Mozilla Thunderbird Email Client)
- Internet Explorer 11
Firewall and antivirus software compatibility
Note: In some cases, it may be necessary to adjust settings in these products to ensure the best possible performance with QuickBooks.
- Windows Server Firewall (all editions)
- Windows 8.1 Firewall (all editions)
- Windows 7 Firewall (all editions)
- Microsoft Security Essentials
Note: QuickBooks will work with systems running RAID (Redundant Array of Inexpensive Disks) but this is not recommended because performance issues may cause QuickBooks to operate slowly.