Error code 176109: Invalid Product Code or Invalid Product Number.
This may be happening because:
- The Point of Sale Entitlement folder contains damaged files.
- An incorrect product code has been used to install QuickBooks Point of Sale for Desktop.
- You are not logged in to Windows as an administrator.
Fix itNote: Program Data is a hidden folder. If you're unable to find it, follow this article to show your hidden files and folders.
Solution 1: Delete the contents of the entitlement client folder
- Navigate in the left window to: C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8.
- Press the CTRL + A keys to select all the files in the folder and then press Delete.
- Click Yes to confirm the action.
- Relaunch QuickBooks Point of Sale for Desktop and re-register the application.
Solution 2: Rename the WSActivity file
- Go to: C:\Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale XX\Ini
- Right-click WSActivity and select Rename.
- Enter OLDWSActivity and click anywhere to save.
- Close the window then follow Solution 1 again.
- Relaunch QuickBooks Point of Sale for Desktop.
Solution 3: Perform a clean re-install for Point of Sale
If the above solution did not resolve the issue, perform clean reinstall.SLN40328