Error QBWC1039: There was a problem adding the application. Check the QBWCLog.txt for details.
Error Unique file ID required.This error is caused by either the relocation of the company file or the incorrect removal of the third-party application or Warehouse Manager from the QuickBooks WebConnector. If the company file was moved, moving it back to the original location will the fix the error. If the third-party application or Warehouse Manager was removed, fix the error by reinstalling the .qwc file to the WebConnector.
To reinstall the .qwc file to WebConnector
Download the QBWC CP3Tool.
Note: This download requires Internet Explorer 10 or above, Chrome, or Firefox browsers.
- Run the QBWC_CP3Tool.exe file.
- After the installation completes, select Launch the QBWC CP3Tool.
- Minimize the tool.
- Download the .qwc file for your application. If you are unsure how to get the .qwc file, contact your third-party vendor.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop then select the appropriate company file.
- Create a backup of your company file.
- Select the QBWC CP3Tool from the Taskbar to maximize it.
- Choose Select File and locate the .qwc file.
- Select Remove Stamp.
- When the Application Certificate appears, select Yes, whenever this QuickBooks company file is open then Continue.
- In the Application Access Request window, select Yes.
- Select Done when the access confirmation message appears.
- When prompted to create a backup, select OK.
- Close the QBWC CP3Tool after seeing the confirmation message that the owner ID has been successfully removed.
- Install the .qwc file.
- Open WebConnector and select Add Application.
- Open the .qwc file.
- Enter your third-party password and select Yes.
The WebConnector is now ready to sync.