System updates are provided for Intuit Data Protect. This article helps you identify which release of Intuit Data Protect is currently installed on your system and install an update if necessary.
- Right-click the Intuit Data Protect icon on the system tray and select About Intuit Data Protect.
Note: System tray is the series of icons on the lower-right of your Windows desktop next to the clock. IDP icon looks like a green padlock.
- Verify that you have version 188.8.131.5210. If you do not have this version, click Update.
Note: If you don't have an option to select About Intuit Data Protect or the Update button is missing, you need to run an update from QuickBooks.
- From the QuickBooks Help menu, click Update QuickBooks.
- Under Update Now tab, verify that data Protect is checked as part of the updates.
- Select reset Update and click Get Updates.
- Once the update is complete close QuickBooks Desktop.
- Right-click the Intuit Data Protect icon on the system tray, select About Intuit Data Protect and verify your IDP version.