- Right-click the Intuit Data Protect icon on the system tray and select About Intuit Data Protect.
Note: System tray is the series of icons on the lower-right of your Windows desktop next to the clock. IDP icon looks like a green padlock.
- Verify that you have version 184.108.40.20660. If you do not have this version, click Update.
Note: If you don't have an option to select About Intuit Data Protect or the Update button is missing, you need to run an update from QuickBooks.
- From the QuickBooks Help menu, click Update QuickBooks.
- Under Update Now tab, verify that data Protect is checked as part of the updates.
- Select reset Update and click Get Updates.
- Once the update is complete close QuickBooks Desktop.
- Right-click the Intuit Data Protect icon on the system tray, select About Intuit Data Protect and verify your IDP version.
QuickBooks Learn & Support Home
If you are having any problems with Intuit Data Protect, please see our
Troubleshoot Common Intuit Data Protect (IDP) Problems
article for help to get you back up and running.
- 8 people found this useful
Verify you have the latest update for Intuit Data Protect
Looking for advice from other business owners?
Visit our QuickBooks Community site.