Before using the tool, make sure you don't have other installations on your computer. If you do, remove them through your Control Panel and download the right one.
When to use the tool:
- If your QuickBooks Desktop year is newer than your Quicken version.
When NOT to use the tool:
- If you are converting the same year or Quicken to the same year of QuickBooks.
Download the Quicken Conversion Tool
Use the Quicken Conversion Tool
- After you download, launch the Quicken Converter and click Next.
- Select I Accept the terms in the license agreement, and click Next.
- Click Next and then Install to start the installation of the Quicken Converter.
- Select Launch Quicken Converter and click Finish.
- Select I am transferring data from Quicken for Windows and click Get Started.
- Select Open a data file located on this computer and click Select File.
- Browse to select your Quicken file ( .QDF) file and click OK.
- Click Convert it!.
- Click OK.
- Click Save to save your new Quicken Data File (QDF) file.
- Click Exit.