This article provides you the information needed to ensure your computer hardware, software, and operating system meets the minimum requirements for your version of QuickBooks Desktop.
QuickBooks Pro/Premier 2015 and Enterprise 15.0
- Windows 8, all editions including 64-bit, natively installed1
- Windows 7, all editions including 64-bit, natively installed
Windows Vista (SP1 or later), all editions including 64-bit, natively installed3
- Windows Server 2012, Windows Small Business Server 2011, Small Business Server 2008
- Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2003 (SP2), including 64-bit, natively installed
Windows: natively installed & Windows 8, Windows 7 or Vista (SP1) with UAC on, Windows Server 2011, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 - Terminal Server Config.,
Windows Server 2003 (SP2),and Windows Small Business Server 2008
Note: Windows Home Server Edition is not supported.
- Linux: When using QBES Database Server-only installation – natively installed OpenSuse 13.1, Fedora 20, Red Hat 6.5.
1 Natively installed means it was installed on a particular system or environment that it was designed for. This also means that it doesn't need to run in a virtual environment or emulation software. .
2 Microsoft has ended support for the Windows XP Operating System.
Hardware and Operating system requirements (client and server)
Client: 2.4GHz minimum
Server: 2.4 GHz (2.0GHz for Linux)
Client: 2GB minimum
Server: 2GB minimum
|Network Requirements (minimum)||
|Optical Drive||4x CD-ROM drive required for CD installations|
|Screen Resolution||Minimum 1024 x 768 screen resolution or higher with up to 1 Extended monitor|
Internet access is required
- Microsoft Office:
- Office 2010 and Office 2013/365 (including Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2013) both on 32 and 64-bit Note: Office 365 is only supported when it is locally installed, not the web version.
- Preparing letters requires Microsoft Word 2013, 2010 and 2007.
- Exporting reports requires Microsoft Excel 2013, 2010 and 2007.
- Contact Synchronization with Microsoft Outlook requires Outlook 2013, 2010 and 2007.
- Synchronization with Outlook requires QuickBooks Contact Sync for Outlook (the download is available at no charge). Contact Sync does not work with the Microsoft Business Contact Manager Outlook plug-in.
- QuickBooks Point of Sale 2014 (v12.0), v11.0, v10.0 (applies to US only)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader: Business Planner functionality and viewing forms require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or later.
- Payroll and other online features and services require Internet access with at least a 56 Kbps connection speed (DSL or cable modem recommended).
- TurboTax 2013 and 2014 (Personal and Business)
- Lacerte 2013 and 2014 (applies to US only)
- Pro-Series tax years 2013 and 2014 (applies to US only)
- QuickBooks for Mac 2015 (applies to US only)
- Gmail, Yahoo Email, Windows Mail, Hotmail and AOL
- Internet Explorer 11, 10 and 9
Firewall and antivirus software compatibility
Note: In some cases, it may be necessary to adjust settings in these products to ensure the best possible performance with QuickBooks.
- Windows Server Firewall (all editions)
- Windows 8 and 8.1 Firewall (all editions)
- Windows 7 Firewall (all editions)
- Windows Vista Firewall (all editions)
- Microsoft Security Essentials
- Windows Defender
Note: QuickBooks will work with systems running RAID (Redundant Array of Inexpensive Disks) but this is not recommended because performance issues may cause QuickBooks to operate slowly.
QuickBooks for Mac 2015 (applies to US only)
Minimum system requirements
- QuickBooks for Mac 2015 R7 or earlier - macOS 10.9 (Mavericks), macOS 10.10 (Yosemite) and macOS 10.11 (El Capitan)
- QuickBooks for Mac 2015 R8 and later - macOS 10.10 (Yosemite) and macOS 10.11 (El Capitan) and macOS 10.12 (Sierra)
- Intel-based processor, Core 2 Duo or higher required
- Multiuser: Intel Core 2 Duo or higher processor to run server
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB RAM recommended)
- 250 MB of available disk space
- Printer: 100% Macintosh-compatible printer, if you plan to print invoices, checks, deposit slips, lists, purchase orders, mailing labels, reports, or graphs
- Checks: Use Intuit Checks if you plan to print checks. Canadian Image Ready Cheques are not supported.
- Product registration required
- Export report data requires Apple Numbers '09; Microsoft Excel 2008 or 2011 for Mac.
- E-mail requires Apple Mail, Microsoft Entourage 2008 or Outlook 2011 for Mac
- Accepting credit and debit cards directly into QuickBooks 2014 for Mac requires Intuit Merchant Service for QuickBooks for Mac (sold separately); subject to application approval and debit card transactions are processed as Signature Debit, which does not require entering a PIN code. See http://payments.intuit.com/legal.jsp for details.
- Processing payroll, integrated with QuickBooks for Mac, requires paid subscription (sold separately), EIN and Internet access. QuickBooks 2014 for Mac works with Intuit QuickBooks Payroll for Mac.
- QuickBooks Payroll for Mac requires Internet connection and Adobe Reader to print checks and forms. Additional fees apply.
- System requirements for Intuit QuickBooks Payroll for Mac and Aatrix
- Top Pay may differ from those of QuickBooks. For details, visit the company web sites at www.macpayroll.com and www.aatrix.com.
- QuickBooks for Mac 2015 supports one-way conversion from QuickBooks for Windows 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015
- QuickBooks for Mac 2015 supports round tripping with QuickBooks for Windows 2015