A damaged QuickBooks Database Server Manager may give you this error message when trying to start the database manager service manually:
The QuickBooksDBXX service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs
Solution 1: Turn on hosting using QuickBooks Desktop
Solution 2: Change the install location
Important: Do not install in a mapped drive.
Solution 3: Determine if QBDataServiceUserXX is damaged
- On your keyboard, press Windows+R to open the Run window.
- Type in services.msc and select OK.
- Right click the service that matches your version and select Properties.
- QuickBooks 2018: QuickBooksDB28
- QuickBooks 2017: QuickBooksDB27
- QuickBooks 2016: QuickBooksDB26
- On the Log On tab, select Local System account and select OK.
Note: This is not a permanent solution. Leaving the service logged on as Local System account is a security risk, and this option should only be enabled temporarily for the purpose of completing the troubleshooting step.
- Close the Services window and open QuickBooks. If QuickBooks opens without errors: