Online Backup (OLBU) and its associated web sites have security measures in place to protect the access, loss, misuse and alteration of data and personally identifiable information under its control. It employs sophisticated security measures and uses encryption technology similar to what financial institutions and US Government use.
How does it work?
After the installation, the selected files for backup and personally identifiable information go through an encryption before transmitted to the internet. This backup system utilizes 256 bit AES encryption and part of the process is breaking each file into small blocks before transferring to the Online Backup data center in an assorted fashion. Once the data is received, it is authenticated and stored in the QuickBooks Online Backup system in an encrypted form which is protected from the outside firewall and restricted by a password. This password is required to decrypt and transfer the data back to the PC.
Install QuickBooks Online Backup
- Download the set up file.
- When prompted, save the Onlinebackup_quickbooks.msi.
- Right click the downloaded Onlinebackup_quickbooks.msi and choose Run as Administrator.
- On the QuickBooks Online Backup Setup Wizard, click Next and follow the prompts to complete the installation of the program.
- Click Close once the installation is completed.
- Enter the Account ID and Password that you received via email when you signed up for the QuickBooks Online Backup and click OK.
Retrieve your backup history from the Data Center
If you are not seeing your backup history after reinstalling your QuickBooks Online Backup, you must refresh your computer's data center. This process verifies your account information and downloads the backup history database to your data center.
- Download QuickBooks Online Backup Refresh Utility 2.0 (File Size: 36kb).
- Select Open or run the tool once you finished downloading.
- The Online Backup engine will run and download the necessary files to complete your installation. Once complete, it is expected to have your backup sets available for restore.
Update your account ID and password information
If you try to login using an incorrect Online Backup credentials, you will receive the error incorrect passphrase or invalid account. Run the Online Password Update Utility 2.0 to update the credentials on your system.
Please have your ID and password ready before following the steps below.
- Download Online Password Update Utility 2.0.
- After downloading, select Open or Run.
- Follow the prompts to complete the process.
Request for Password Hint
- Go to your Account Information page.
- Click Forgot your Account ID or Password link.
- Enter your Account ID and click Send Hint. The password hint you selected during registration will be sent to the email address associated with your Online Backup Account. (If you do not see your password hint after few minutes, check your Junk mail or spam folder. )
Request a Temporary password
- Go to the password reset page.
- Enter your Account ID and click Reset Password.
- After receiving the temporary password, sign in to the Account Information web page and create a permanent password.
- Enter your Account ID and the temporary password that you received via email and click Edit Account Info.
- Click Customer Profile and fill out the Password and Confirmation Password field and click Save Changes.