If you choose not to create the account you will continue to see the message when opening QuickBooks. If you click Next without filling in the required information, it will show empty or incomplete fields highlighted in red. The activation process cannot be continued without filling in this information.
Activate QuickBooks Desktop with your Intuit Account
If you do not have an existing Intuit Account, enter the required information in the Create Your User ID section to begin the activation process.
Note: On the registration form that follows, the phone number and ZIP code are pre-filled based on the company file you have open. If you are in a company file that is not your own, you will need to change it.
If you have an existing Intuit Account:
- Enter the user ID and password to begin the activation process.
- Retrieve the forgotten username and/or password.
Forgot user ID
- Click the Forgot your User ID link.
- On the next page, enter your email address.
- You will be notified that an email with your user login has been sent to you.
- The email you will receive at the address you entered will contain one or more previous usernames.
- Use the username from the email as your “User ID” for login.
- Please see Manage your Intuit Account online online for further information on resetting the Intuit Account password.
- If you require further assistance, contact QuickBooks Customer Service at 800.316.1068 In some cases QuickBooks Desktop will prompt you to enter a validation code to activate.