- Payment method (such as debit, or credit card expiration date)
- Account information (such as company address, phone number, and e-mail)
- Sign in information (such as User ID, Password, and security question)
What is an Intuit Account?
You have the option during the purchase process to create a unique User ID and Password (sometimes called your login credentials) when you purchase a product or service directly from Intuit online. If you choose not to create a User ID and Password, you will not be able to access your account information online.
Important: If you previously purchased Intuit products or services but never created a User ID and Password, you must contact support to ensure that your current products and services are associated with the correct User ID and Password so that you can access them online.
Typically, your User ID is your e-mail address, however, if you created your account some time ago, you may have a User ID that is not an e-mail address. Visit www.quickbooks.com/account to reset your User ID and Password.
Your Intuit User ID and Password can be used to sign in to several Intuit websites, including; Intuit.com, TurboTax.com and QuickBooks Payroll. Once you sign in, you can purchase and view products and services, and download products you've already purchased.
Note: The following services do not use this User ID and Password:
- Pro Advisor site – your Pro Advisor login does use an Intuit Account, but it requires a verification code in order to enable you to access the Pro Advisor member site.
- QuickBooks company file – if you set up users in QuickBooks Desktop, the login to access your company file is not the same as your Intuit Account User ID and Password unless you set it up that way on purpose.
QuickBooks Online Backup – the online backup feature in QuickBooks Desktop uses its own login credentials.
Note: If you use QuickBooks Desktop 2014 or later with Intuit Data Protect, IDP does use the same User ID and Password as your Intuit Account.
How do I change my Intuit Account Information or payment information?
Depending on the Intuit products and services you use, you may have to update account information such as your address in more than one place.
Follow the steps below to update account information for the intuit products or services that you use.
Update account information for QuickBooks products and services
- Go to www.quickbooks.com/account.
- Enter your User ID and Password, then select Login.
- In the Account Information box, select Edit to make changes to your Company Address, Company Phone, or E-mail.
Important: You cannot change your Company Name, First Name, or Last Name online. If you need to change any of these, you must contact support.
- In the Login Information box, select Edit to change the e-mail associated with your login credentials, your User ID, your Password, or your Security Question.
Important: The e-mail address associated with your Login Information can be different from the e-mail address associated with your Account Information.
- If you have one or more credit or debit cards on file, you can also update your payment information.
Note: If you do not have a credit or debit card on file, please contact support.
Change account information for Checks, Business Cards and more
- Go to Checks, Business Cards, & More and select My Account at the top of the page.
- Select Account Information and change the information as appropriate.
Is this User ID and Password the same as what I use for my QuickBooks file?
If you set up users in your QuickBooks file, the User ID and Password that you use to access your company file is not the same as your Intuit Account User ID and Password unless you set it up that way on purpose.
How do I recover a forgotten User ID or Password?
- Go to www.quickbooks.com/account.
- Select Forgot your Password? or Forgot your User ID?
- Follow the steps to retrieve your Password or User ID.
- Try to log in again.
What if I no longer have the e-mail I used when I signed up?