QuickBooks Desktop allows you to create a Previous Reconciliation report that shows how you reconciled an account for a previous reconciliation period. This report is specially helpful when you are troubleshooting reconciliation issues or looking for account discrepancies.
- QuickBooks Desktop Premier, Accountant and Enterprise give you access to the last 120 Previous Reconciliation reports.
- QuickBooks Desktop Pro only allows access to the last reconciliation report created. To keep a copy of other reports on your hard drive, you can save it as PDF. Other options are upgrading to QuickBooks Premier of higher or exporting the report to Excel. See Import/export MS excel files for details.
View the Previous Reconciliation report
- From the QuickBooks Reports menu, select Banking then click Previous Reconciliation.
- In the Select Previous Reconciliation Report window, choose the appropriate Account and the Statement Ending Date.
- Choose the Type of Report.
- Choose the type of transactions to include in the report.
Transactions cleared at the time of reconciliation
- This report is a snapshot of your previous reconciliation, and shows you what was reconciled.
- This report opens as a PDF file.
- To print this report, click the Print icon at the top of the PDF window or right-click the report and then click Print.
- To save this report, click the floppy disc icon. Make sure to choose a location on your computer and assign an appropriate file name.
Transactions cleared plus any changes made to those transactions
- This report shows you the current state of each transaction cleared in your previous reconciliation for this account.
- Transactions that have been deleted or assigned to another account will no longer show.
- This report opens as a QuickBooks report. You can then print, modify, or export the information in this report to use in other programs, such as Microsoft Excel.
- Click Display.