This article is part of our content on Setting up QuickBooks Desktop.
The errors listed below can occur if your Operating System is damaged or one of the core Microsoft components that QuickBooks Desktop uses is unstable or not functioning correctly. Download and run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool to fix a wide variety of errors that you may receive when installing QuickBooks Desktop such as:
- Errors relating to damaged Microsoft .NET Framework
- Errors relating to damaged MSXML and C++
- QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool is designed to automatically identify and fix issues with .NET Framework, C++, and MSXML. Prior to performing any manual steps to resolve component related issues, it is recommended to run the tool since it can decrease the time needed to resolve the issue.
- The following troubleshooting steps are specific for Windows operating system which is not an Intuit product. The steps can be complex if errors occur while repairing or uninstalling these components. If you are not comfortable doing these steps on your own, consult your computer's manufacturer or a computer professional.
- If you encounter any errors while installing Windows Update, contact a qualified IT professional or Microsoft.
Solution 1: Use the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool to resolve Microsoft .NET, MSXML, and C++ issues
- Download the QuickBooks Install DiagnosticTool.
- When prompted, save the file to the local Desktop.
- Close any open programs and run the QBInstall Tool.
Note: It may take up to 20mins to complete, depending on your internet speed and computer's performance.
- Restart the computer after running the tool to ensure the components are properly updated.
Optional: If you have a minute, please help us gather feedback on how the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool worked out for you
Solution 2: Download Windows Updates to install missing updates pertaining to .NET Framework, MSXML, and C++
If these components are out of date, QuickBooks may not be able to install correctly. You can access Windows Updates by pressing the Windows key on your keyboard and typing "Windows Update."
Solution 3: Fix problems with Microsoft components manually
Even if the QB Install Tool does not solve your problem, you can try to fix these Windows components manually however, you should only try this if you are an IT professional, an advanced Windows expert or if you are working with one who can guide you.
Solution 4: Install QuickBooks in Selective Startup
There are times that other processes on your computer may interfere with the QuickBooks installation. Follow these steps to Perform a clean uninstall/reinstall in Selective Startup
If you are still getting an error when installing QuickBooks or while attempting any of these solutions, there may be a problem with your computer or operating system. Consult a trained IT professional for further help.HOW20636/ INF23231