The errors listed below can occur if your Operating System is damaged or one of the core Microsoft components that QuickBooks Desktop uses is unstable or not functioning correctly. Download and run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool (QBInstall Tool) to fix a wide variety of errors that you may receive when installing QuickBooks Desktop such as:
- Errors relating to damaged Microsoft .NET Framework
- Errors relating to damaged MSXML and C++
- Problems opening QuickBooks Desktop such as QuickBooks has Stopped Working or Unrecoverable Errors.
- After running the QBInstall Tool, you may have to re-register/activate your QuickBooks Desktop program.
- The following troubleshooting steps are specific for Windows operating system which is not an Intuit product. The steps can be complex if errors occur while repairing or uninstalling these components. If you are not comfortable doing these steps on your own, consult your computer's manufacturer or a computer professional.
If you encounter any errors while installing Windows Update, contact a qualified IT professional or Microsoft.
Solution 1: Use the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool to resolve Microsoft .NET, MSXML, and C++ issues
- Download the QuickBooks Install DiagnosticTool.
- When prompted, save the file to the local Desktop.
- Close any open programs and run the QBInstall Tool.
Note: It may take up to 20mins to complete, depending on your internet speed and computer's performance.
- Restart the computer after running the tool to ensure the components are properly updated.
Optional: If you have a minute, please help us gather feedback on how the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool worked out for you
Solution 2: Download Windows Updates to install missing updates pertaining to .NET Framework, MSXML, and C++
If your Windows Operating System is out of date, QuickBooks may not be able to install or open correctly. You can access Windows Updates by pressing the Windows key on your keyboard and typing "Windows Update." After installing updates, make sure to reboot/restart your computer. Try opening/installing QuickBooks Desktop again to see if this resolved it.
Solution 3: Fix problems with QuickBooks Desktop and Microsoft components manually
Even if the QB Install Tool does not solve your problem, you can try to fix these Windows components manually however, you should only try this if you are an IT professional, an advanced Windows expert or if you are working with one who can guide you.
Solution 4: Install QuickBooks Desktop in Selective Startup
There are times that other processes on your computer may interfere with the QuickBooks installation. Follow these steps to Perform a clean uninstall/reinstall in Selective Startup
If you are still getting an error when installing QuickBooks or while attempting any of these solutions, there may be a problem with your computer or operating system. Consult a trained IT professional for further help.HOW20636/ INF23231