Set up QuickBooks with Gmail
If you want to use Gmail and you do not already have an account, you must sign up for a Gmail account first.
- In QuickBooks Desktop, go to Edit and select Preferences.
- From the left pane, click Send Forms.
- From the My Preferences tab, look for Send e-mail using section, and then select Web Mail.
- Then option to add emails is enabled. Click Add.
- In the Add Email Info window:
- Enter your Gmail address in the Email Id field.
- In the Email Provider drop-down list, select Gmail.
Note: The SMTP Server Details fields are automatically filled in and grayed out.
- Click OK. Your Gmail account appears in the E-mail Ids field and is set as the current default.
- Click OK.
- Email a transaction or report as a test.
Note: You may be required to enter your password one or more times before sending forms when you launch QuickBooks or when you launch Windows. For security reasons, QuickBooks cannot store the password to send your email.
Quick Tip: If you are having trouble emailing through QuickBooks with Gmail, log into your account through your internet browser. Here's how:
Go to: https://myaccount.google.com/intro and log in using you Google account credentials.
On the My Account page, look for the https://myaccount.google.com/intro section and click Connected apps & sites.
Look for the section Allow less secure apps: OFF.
Click the slider button to turn on the settings.
Go back to https://myaccount.google.com/intro and send the transaction again.