What is Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package
It is a library file required in order to run applications developed with Visual C++. If your computer does not have the correct version of Visual C++ installed, QuickBooks Desktop will install it automatically. If the Visual C++ installation is damaged or removed, you must reinstall it.
Uninstall Microsoft Visual C++
- Close all open programs.
- On your keyboard, press Windows+R to open the Run command.
- Type in Control Panel and click OK.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- On the list of programs, select the version of Microsoft Visual C++ for your version of QuickBooks.
QuickBooks Desktop Pro, Premier and Enterprise: Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable
- Click Uninstall and follow the onscreen instructions to uninstall the program.
- Restart your computer when prompted.
Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++
- Insert the QuickBooks CD in your CD drive. If the QuickBooks installation window opens, close it.
- On your keyboard, press Windows+E to open the Computer window.
- Browse to D:\ThirdParty\CRT9 or D:\ThirdParty\CRT8, where D: is your CD drive letter.
- Double-click vc_red.msi or vcredist_x86.exe and follow the prompts to install the software.
If you do not have a QuickBooks CD at hand, you can download and install Microsoft Visual C++ from the Microsoft Web site: