Terminal Services allow users to simultaneously have client access to a Windows Server over the network. Intuit recommends that customers research more on Terminal Services or consult a Windows Server professionals before making changes in this kind of environment.
- Setting up, configuring, or enabling terminal services
- Enabling clients to connect to the server
- User permission issues for server connections
- Issues with terminal server connections (for example: connecting to the server or dropping connection)
- Latency or slow performance issues
Install QuickBooks Desktop on a Terminal Server
Before performing these steps, close all applications and log on to the terminal server as the Windows Administrator.
- On your keyboard, press Windows+R to open the Run command.
- Type in CMD and click OK to open the Command Prompt.
- Change the User Mode by typing the command "Change user/install". Press Enter.
- Safely Download and Install QuickBooks Desktop. Once installed, change to execution mode by typing this command: In the Command Prompt, enter "change user/execute" then press Enter.
Grant permission to log on to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise
Log in as the system administrator to perform these steps.
- Right-click the QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise icon on your desktop and select Properties.
- Under Compatibility tab, select Allow Non-Administrators to Run This Program.
- Click Apply and Save.