When sharing a folder, you give permission and set the accessibility level of users on the network to view, access, and/or modify the files in the folder.
See Set up a network or multi user environment for instructions on how to set up multi-user networking for a variety of operating system.
Share an existing folder
- Locate and right click the folder that you want to share then select Properties.
- On the Sharing tab, select Share this folder. You can change the name of the shared folder by entering a new name in the Share Name field.
- Go to the Security tab or select the Permissions button to set permissions for each user who will access your folder.
- Select Apply and OK.
Create a new shared folder using the Create a shared folder wizard
- On your keyboard, press Windows + R to open the Run window.
- Enter shrpubw.exe in the Open field and select OK.
- Follow the instructions on the wizard to share your folder.