Choose your QuickBooks product from the list to learn how to check its version and release and how to update it if necessary.
- To know the version and release, while on QuickBooks, press F2. On the Product Information window, check the Product line.
- To update QuickBooks Desktop for Windows, see Update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release.
To know the version of QuickBooks last used to open your file
- While on QuickBooks Desktop, press F2 or Ctrl+1.
- In the Product Information window, find the Versions Used on File section.
- The most recently used version is shown at the bottom of the list:
Code Version V28 QuickBooks Desktop 2018 V27 QuickBooks Desktop 2017 V26 QuickBooks Desktop 2016
- To see the version and release, while on QuickBooks Desktop, go to the Help menu > Product Information.
- To update QuickBooks Desktop for Mac, see Update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release.
- To check the version and release:
- While on QuickBooks Desktop, go to the Reports menu > QuickBooks Statement Writer (QSW).
- When the program opens, choose Help > About QuickBooks Statement Writer. The version information is found in the About Window.
- To update your QuickBooks Statement Writer
- Open QuickBooks Statement Writer.
- Select the Help Center > Update.
- To check the payroll version:
- While on QuickBooks Desktop, go to the Employees menu > Payroll Center.
- Select the Payroll tab to see the Subscription Status window.
- To download the latest payroll update, see Download the latest payroll tax table.
- To check the POS version and release, go to the Help menu > About Point of Sale. The edition and version appear in the Product line at the top.
- To update QuickBooks Point of Sale, see Update QuickBooks Point of Sale for Desktop to the latest release.
There is no version or release available for Merchant Services or Payments since QuickBooks is only used as an entry point to the Merchant Services (IMS) server.HOW12090