Choose the product from the list to learn how to check the version and release information
- In QuickBooks, choose Reports > QuickBooks Statement Writer (QSW).
- When the program opens, choose Help > About QuickBooks Statement Writer.
- Version information is found in the About Window.
QuickBooks is used only as the entry point to the Merchant Services (IMS) server, so there is no version or release.
- Choose Help > About Point of Sale.
- The product edition and version appear in the Product line at the top of the Product Information window.
- In QuickBooks, choose Employees > Payroll Center.
- On the left, click the Payroll tab to see the Subscription Status window.
- In QuickBooks, choose Help > Product Information.
- Version and release information appear. For example, if it shows Product: QuickBooks Pro 2015 for Mac R3, the version is 2015
- The product edition and version appear in the title bar, at the top of the product window.
- Press F2 to open the Product Information window. Version, edition, and release appear at the top of the window, on the Product line.
If you cannot open QuickBooks to find the Product Information
If QuickBooks still does not open:
- Right-click the QuickBooks icon on your desktop, and click Properties.
- Click Find Target and right click QBW32.EXE.
- Click Properties and click the General tab. The Location line shows the year of your QuickBooks version.
- Click the Version tab and under Item name, click File Version. To the right, under Value, the last release update to your copy of QuickBooks appears. For example: 21.0D R5. The number 21 refers to QuickBooks 2011 (20 would refer to 2010 and so on). The R5 refers to release 5.
- Update QuickBooks with the latest release.
- If the problem persists, read QuickBooks Desktop does not start.