- Understand reports
- Set report preferences
- Customize reports
- Create, access and modify memorized reports
- Add comments to reports
- Combine reports from two or more company data files
- Set up and modify Scheduled Reports
Before you combine reports, be reminded of the following:
- To make combined reports easier to read, make your Chart of Accounts in the several company files as nearly identical as you can.
- Accounts will be combined if they have the same name, same type and are at the same hierarchical level in each report. (Account names are not case sensitive.)
- Accounts that will not be combined:
- Accounts at different levels (For example, "Telephone" account is not combined with "Telephone" sub-account.).
- Spelling differences (For example, 'telephone' is not combined with 'phone.')
- Different account numbers.
- One with an account number and one without an account number.
- Accounts are listed by type. Within each type, accounts are listed in the order of what has been done in the first selected company file. Subsequent accounts from the other company files are appended in the order they are encountered.
- You may be asked to log in to your files and switch them to multi-user mode to accommodate the combination routine.
Built-in combined reports feature in QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise
QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise has a built-in feature that allows you to combine reports from multiple company files. Using this feature, you can combine the following reports:
- Balance Sheet Standard
- Balance Sheet Summary
- Profit & Loss Standard
- Profit & Loss by Class
- Statement of Cash Flows
- Trial Balance
To combine reports:
- From the QuickBooks Reports menu, select Combine Reports from Multiple Companies.
- Click Add Files..., locate the other company file, and click Open. Repeat for additional files.
- In the Select reports for combining section, select the reports for which you want to see combined information.
- Complete the From and To date range fields to set the report date range.
- Select a report basis.
- Click Combine Reports in Excel. A Microsoft Excel spreadsheet will open with the combined information.
If you need other report combinations or if you are using QuickBooks Desktop Pro or Premier, you can use the following two options. For QuickBooks for Mac, use Option 2 (applies to US only).
Option 1. Use a Third Party Software
The Intuit Marketplace lists many programs that work with QuickBooks. Some of these programs produce combined reports from multiple company data files. Since QuickBooks for Mac does not work with Marketplace programs, you have to use Option 2 if you are currently using this version (applies to US only).
Option 2. Manually export reports from each data file and combine using Microsoft Excel
- Open your first data file.
- Create the report for this data file.
- Export the report to a worksheet in an Excel worksheet and save the workbook.
- Close the first data file and open the second data file.
- Create the same report in the second data file.
- Export this report to a new worksheet in the same workbook and save.
- Open Microsoft Excel and open the workbook.
- Manually combine the two reports into a third worksheet.
- Save the workbook.