NOTE: This article refers to the "Point of Sale" offering. Please be advised that this article is applicable to all locations, but the Point of Sale offering is only available in the US.
Installation numbers such as license number, product number or key codes are required prior to installing QuickBooks Desktop or Point of Sale. The following steps help you find or validate your installation numbers.
Locate your installation numbersYour installation numbers can be found in one of the following places:
The original product packaging - The license and product numbers are on a scratch-off sticker located next to the UPC code.
- The confirmation email you received when you purchased the product from Intuit.
- The computer where you originally installed the product.
- Start the installation program by inserting the CD into the CD-ROM drive. The installation program should begin automatically.
- Select Reinstall.
- Write down the numbers that appear in the License and Product Number window and click Cancel.
- The fulfillment email you received when the latest version of QuickBooks was launched, if you subscribe to a monthly or annual product subscription (applies to Canada only).
If you cannot locate your installation numbers
If you are using a US version of QuickBooks:
- If the license look up is unsuccessful based on your phone number, you can log in to your account to find the information.
- If you are unable to log in, click the Contact Us link and select your product for the correct number to call.
- Before you call Customer Service, make sure you have the required proof of purchase to obtain a license or key code number:
- If you purchased QuickBooks or Point of Sale directly from Intuit, give the Order Number from your Intuit packing slip to the Intuit customer service representative when you call. You can look up your Intuit order number from the Order Status page.
- If you purchased QuickBooks or Point of Sale from a local retailer, fax proof of purchase information to 520-844-6451 before you call customer service. Include your company name and contact information on the cover sheet and fax the following information:
- Store sales receipt or invoice
- Box bottom where the UPC bar code appears
- CD holder where the license number should appear
- The front of the actual program CD