This feature is only available for those with Online Bill Pay in QuickBooks Online.

If you wish to sign up for Online Bill Pay, please visit the Online Bill Pay page to sign-up.

Learn the answers to Frequently Asked Questions about Online Bill Pay for QuickBooks Online.

Why do I need to go through an identity verification to use Bill Pay?

For your security, Bill.com ask you a series of information from your public records to verify your identity. Make sure to use your legal name and home address that appear on your driver's license.

How do I allow other admin users to use the Bill Pay feature?

All Administrators (Master and Company) has the ability to use the Bill Pay feature. Each administrator needs to go through the identity verification process to use the service. See these articles for more information:

Why are my first payments taking longer than expected?

When first starting with the Bill Pay service, allow 4 banking days for both bank transfers and mailed checks. After 5 completed payments, payment timing will accelerate (for example, bank transfers under $5,000 will arrive in 2 banking days). For more details, visit Online Bill Pay - Payment Timing.

When will my vendor receive my payment?

Depending on the payment type, it could take up to 5 banking days for your vendor to receive the payment. For more details, visit Online Bill Pay - Payment Timing.

Is there a daily limit to how much money I can pay this way?

There is no "daily limit" on the amount you are able to pay to your vendor. (Please be aware that your financial institution may have a daily spending limit.) However, payments over $5,000 will take more time to arrive. See Online Bill Pay - Payment Timing for more details on payment timing.

Accountants: Can I set up Bill Pay for my clients?

No. The owner of the bank account and the business must sign-up and set up the Bill Pay feature. However, Accountant users are now able to use the Bill Pay feature on behalf of their clients once their client has setup the feature.

What if I am the Accountant and the Master Admin on a client's account?

Due to the dual role of the accountant user in this situation, the accountant user takes priority and will not be able to set up the Bill Pay feature for their client's account. If the setup is attempted, it will cause complications for those users who attempt to set up the feature in their own Firm account. If the owner of the company is a Company Admin, they are able to setup this feature.

Who do I contact for Bill Pay support?

Bill Pay feature is supported by Intuit. For assistance, please contact QuickBooks Online Customer Care team.

Why do I have to go through a security check?

We take security seriously and want to make sure the right person has access to the bank account.
There are two parts to getting verified. Each part takes only a few minutes.
  1. Verify your identity
    • We’ll ask you a series of questions about you that only you know the answers to. These questions are based on information pulled from the public record.
  2. Verify you have access to the bank account you’ll be using to transact.
    • There are two options to complete this process:
      • You can choose "Instant verification" and enter your online banking account credentials to link your bank to your Bill.com account, verifying the routing number and bank account number
      • Or, you can choose to enter your bank info manually. In this process, we’ll send a small test deposit to your bank account. Once it arrives, you will verify the amounts in the Bill.com account. The test deposit will take 1-2 business days to arrive in your bank account and will reference Bill.com.

Related articles: