To learn more about Bill Pay for QuickBooks Online, visit What is Bill Pay for QuickBooks Online?

What's NEW with Online Bill Pay?

On September 15th, Online Bill Pay had a feature release that included the following:
On August 18th, Online Bill Pay had a feature release that included the following:
On July 21st, Online Bill Pay had a feature release that included the following:
On June 23rd, Online Bill Pay had a feature release that included the following:
On May 19th, Online Bill Pay had a feature release that included the following:
On April 28th, Online Bill Pay had a feature release that included the following:

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Why do I need to go through an identity verification to use Bill Pay?

For your security, Bill.com will ask you a short series of questions from information on the public record to verify your identity, beginning with your name and address. 
IMPORTANT: Make sure you use your legal name, and home address (usually the one that appears on your Driver's License). 

How do I allow other admin users to use the Bill Pay feature?

All Administrators (Master and Company) will be able to use the Bill Pay feature. Each administrator will need to go through the identity verification process in order to use the service.
For more details about sharing an account upon setup, visit  Online Bill Pay - Adding a new bank account.
For more details about adding a user to an existing bank account, visit  Online Bill Pay - Adding a new user to a bank account

Why are my first payments taking longer than expected?

When first starting with the Bill Pay service, allow 4 banking days for both bank transfers and mailed checks. After 5 completed payments, payment timing will accelerate (for example, bank transfers under $5,000 will arrive in 2 banking days). For more details, visit Online Bill Pay - Payment Timing

When will my vendor receive my payment?

Depending on the payment type, it could take up to 5 banking days for your vendor to receive the payment. For more details, visit  Online Bill Pay - Payment Timing

Accountants: Can I set up Bill Pay for my clients?

No. The owner of the bank account and the business must set up the Bill Pay feature. Only Master and Company admins will have access to use this feature. Accountant users will not be able to use the Bill Pay feature for their clients.

What if I am the Accountant and the Master Admin on a client's account?

Due to the duel role of the accountant user in this situation, the accountant user takes priority and will not be able to set up or use the Bill Pay feature for their client's account. If the setup is attempted, it will cause complications for those users who attempt to set up the feature in their own Firm account. If the owner of the company is a Company Admin, they are able to setup and use this feature.

Who do I contact for Bill Pay support?

Bill Pay feature is supported by Intuit. For assistance, please contact QuickBooks Online Customer Care team.

Related Articles

Comparison between Bill.com app and Online Bill Pay
Online Bill Pay - Paying bills
Online Bill Pay - Setting up bank transfer (ePayment) for a vendor
Online Bill Pay - Adding a new bank account