The dashboard has a managerial reporting focus that displays the same data in a different way than a standard Profit and Loss financial report. The display totals include both Reviewed and To Review transactions while the P&L report only shows Reviewed transactions.
View of dashboard on homepage
If you would like to know more about the dashboard P&L report, here are a few pointers:
- The dashboard P&L Income and Expense Totals use the Company default setting for cash or accrual basis.
- Dashboard Expenses is equal to the total of Total of Cost Of Goods Sold (COGS), Expenses and Other Expenses.
- Dashboard Income is equal to the sum of Total of Income and Other Income.
- The dashboard P&L report will not include journal entries. The transactions have to be an actual expense, invoice or sales receipt.
- You can hover over the solid portion of the display bar to see the Reviewed value.
- Alternatively, accept all To Review transactions before attempting to compare the dashboard to the P&L report.