Can I export a custom report template to be used in other QBO companies?
In the old report style for QuickBooks Online, reports can be shared between companies using the URL generated by the report.
Things you should know:
- If the report contains company specific filters (such as account names, customer names, etc), the company receiving the template must have the exact same naming convention or the report will fail.
- The URL will also work for the redesigned reports, but is only generated on the old style. To get around this you can turn off redesigned reports from QuickBooks Labs (Company Cog > QuickBooks Labs > Redesigned Reports) and use the old report style to customise your report. Once you have done the customisation and copied the URL you can turn on the Redesigned Reports and use the URL.
To share a report template:
- Open the report, from within the client company in which it resides.
- Copy the web address (URL) from your web browser.
Note: Memorized reports display a URL that cannot be copied.
To remove the memorized URL:
- Click Customize.
- Click Run Report.
The URL will now display the full string of custom settings, that can now be copied.
- Exit the QBO company.
- Log into the company with which you wish to share the report.
- Paste the copied address into the address bar of the browser.
Note: This will display the report, but with the current company's information.
- Click Save Customization.
Note: After saving the report, it can now be re-accessed within the new company.