If you're not an Accountant user, or you're looking for instructions on how to invite an accountant to your company, see Invite an accountant to your QBO company.
To add an existing QBO company as a client of your firm:
- Ask your client to invite you to their company as an accountant user. For instructions on what your client needs to do, see Invite an accountant to your QBO company.
- Log out of all Intuit web sites in your browser. Accepting an invitation while logged in may cause it to fail or redirect to the wrong user ID.
- When your client finishes inviting you, access your email and open the invitation.
- The email subject will read: [User] has invited you to use QuickBooks Online [Version].
- Click the Accept Invitation link inside the email. It will open in your default browser.
- Select the User ID you wish to accept the invitation under.
- If you already have QuickBooks Online Accountant, make sure to choose the User ID that you use to log into your firm. If you choose a User ID that does not have a firm, a new firm will be created under that login.
- Enter your password and click Accept Invite.
You'll be asked to sign back into QuickBooks Online. When you do, your new client will now be shown in your client list.