One of the features of QBOA available to the Accountant user is the ability to write off invoices that are determined to be uncollectible.
To write off invoices:
- From the Accountant Tool-belt, click on the Accountant Tools (briefcase) icon.
- From the Accountant Tools drop-down, select Write Off Invoices.
- Use the Drop down at the top of the list to specify the Invoices that should be written off (Aging, transaction date, or open balance)
- Select the Invoice(s) to write off by checking the box to the left of the invoice.
- At the bottom of the screen, select the Write-Off Account (Default is Bad Debt)
- Click Preview and Write-Off.
- Confirm the results of the write-off and click the Write-Off button.
- Close Close.
At this point a discount will be applied to the invoice(s) that will post to the account selected in the Write-Off Account selection.
Note: If you want to write off the invoice in a closed period use Writing off bad debt.