What software can be converted?
We can convert the versions of the below software:
- Intuit QuickBooks US version (2012 - 2015) without sales tax module
- Intuit QuickBooks UK or Canadian version (2012 - 2016)
- Reckon QuickBooks 2011 or later
- Reckon Accounts for Business 2016 or earlier (.qbb or .qbw file type)
- Reckon Accounts Hosted
- MYOB AccountEdge V14 and earlier (.myo file type)
- MYOB AccountRight Enterprise, Premier V19 and earlier (.myo file type)
- Xero (excluding Xero US version)
- CSV files (Beta)
How long will it take to transfer my data?We will aim to complete your conversion within three to five working days of receiving your data file, although it is often much faster than that.
How will my business data be protected?As long as you use the online form to upload your data to Odyssey, it will be protected using the industry standard SSL encryption. Data is removed from our servers promptly after you have uploaded, and we store a copy on our local servers during conversion. Post conversion we move your data to a secure offline storage where it is encrypted. It is best practice to also suggest you have a password on your source data file.
What data will be converted?
We will transfer the following data to QuickBooks Online:
- Customer details
- Supplier details
- Chart of accounts
- Account balances
- Customer balances
- Supplier balances
- Items list
- Historical transactions
I've already signed up for QuickBooks Online. Can I move my data to that account?Yes. If you have an existing QuickBooks Online file you would like us to move your data in to, please invite us to that file.
QuickBooks specific transaction handlingThere are certain transaction types that QuickBooks Online does not allow us to convert. We have to use transaction type Journal Entry for the following items:
- Funds transfers
- Inventory Adjustment
- Receive money
- Each contact is converted as both customer and supplier
What we don't convertWe only currently convert the core accounting information and not the following types of data:
- Memorised transactions
- Invoice template and other templates
- Sales orders
- Payroll records
- Negative stock
How does the process work?1. Complete our conversion form and upload a backup of your data.
2. We migrate your data and inform you to review the results.
3. You confirm you are happy and can start using your new Company file.
I did not request conversion of some old data but I can see it in the QuickBooks Online fileThe data importing process will transfer all compatible data existing in your provided file to QuickBooks Online. However, we will only validate (check and correct) data for the range you have requested. We advise you to keep a backup of relevant data to have history of transactions prior to conversion date.
- Confirming company settings. Although we are able to move your accounting figures into QuickBooks, we don't carry over information like company name, address and email details. You will need to update these fields.
- Reconciling bank transactions. We are unable to mark bank transactions as reconciled during our conversion process. Once your conversion is complete, you will need to mark the bank transactions as reconciled, leaving only the unpresented items as unreconciled and agreeing with the statement balance.
- Sales and services tax/GST/VAT Returns for earlier periods may need to be "filed" in QuickBooks, to make sure that old transactions do not appear in the next Tax Return report. You should check the first Tax Return you produce in QuickBooks carefully, to ensure that the numbers are as you would expect.
Don't worry about these tasks, we will guide you through these steps when you get there!