Use an invoice to bill your customer after a sale is made.
To create and save an invoice:
- Click Create (+) > Invoice.
- Fill in the invoice. (Learn more info about each field.)
- (Optional) If you have saved a style other than the Standard style, you can choose it from Customise at the bottom of the page.
- Click Print or Preview. Then:
- Click Print or Preview again to make sure the form will look the way you want when you send or print it. You can save it as a PDF from here, too. Just hover over the previewed form to see Adobe's save icon.
- If you select Print Later, you can print it from the queue later.
- You have a few other ways to save:
- Click Save at any time to avoid losing your work. You'll stay on the page.
- Click Save and send to email the form. You'll have the chance to edit the email message to your customer and to preview the form one last time.
- Click Save and new to begin a new form.
- (For invoices only) Click Save and share link to copy a link to the invoice that you can share through email or in a text message.
- Click Save and close to go back to what you were doing before you started creating the form.
When your customer pays the invoice, you can record the payment from the Customers or Sales Transactions pages. We call this process receiving a payment.
From the navigation bar, select Reports > Recommended Reports > A/R Ageing Summary to see a list of invoices and their due dates.