- Click the Gear icon > Recurring Transactions.
- Click New.
- Select the type of transaction to create, and click OK.
- Enter a Template Name.
- Select a type Type.
- (Optional) If you are creating an invoice template, you can specify that it should include unbilled charges. What are unbilled charges?
- (Optional) To create a recurring template with a schedule associated with it, select the interval for how often the transaction will be created. For example:
Every other week
Select Weekly and enter "every 2 weeks"
Twice a month
Create two scheduled Monthly transactions: one for the first transaction per month, and one for the second
Select Monthly and enter "every 3 months"
Select Monthly and enter "every 6 months"
- (Optional) To create a scheduled transaction in advance, enter the number of days in advance you want.
- Select whether you want to be alerted when the transaction is created.
- Click Save template.
QuickBooks Learn & Support Home
Create a recurring template
Looking for advice from other business owners?
Visit our QuickBooks Community site.