To add or update your employee's W‑4 withholding:

  1. Give your employees a new federal W‑4 form and, if applicable, state withholding form and have them complete and return the forms to you.
  2. In the left navigation bar, click Employees.
  3. Click the employee's name.
  4. Click the pencil icon next to the employee's current filing status (question 1).
  5. Use the information from the employee's completed W‑4 form to enter or update the employee's withholding.
    • If the employee marked Married, but withhold at the higher Single rate, select the Single option .
    • If the employee marked Exempt, select the Do Not Withhold option .
  6. Click Save.

Be sure to keep the employee's latest W‑4 form in your company files.