- New ViewMyPaycheck experience: Summer 2018
- Understanding the basics
- Signing up & Signing in
- Working in ViewMyPaycheck
- Getting help
- Contact us
These FAQs are for employers using QuickBooks Online Payroll Enhanced or Full Service.
Why are you changing the way ViewMyPaycheck looks?
This change paves the way for us to implement improvements to VMP that we heard loud and clear within the feedback entered by employers and employees. We know that any change can be surprising, but we’ve done our best to make the new experience as intuitive and seamless as possible.
Has anything besides the look of ViewMyPaycheck changed?
No. Paychecks and the most recent W-2 form will still be visible in ViewMyPaycheck as they are today. To ensure we match the employee with the correct payroll information, employees will still need to provide their Social Security Number and the net pay of their most recent paycheck when accessing ViewMyPaycheck for the first time, or from a new browser. Employees with multiple employers will still be able to add additional employers to the new ViewMyPaycheck.
Is there a demo of the new experience so I can see what my employees will see?
We are working to build a demo of the new experience that both employees and employers can view to familiarize themselves with the new experience. In the meantime, there are images available within this article that may help introduce you to the new view.
What if there are paychecks or W-2 forms that do not appear for Employees in ViewMyPaycheck?
As with the current ViewMyPaycheck experience, only paychecks and W-2 forms created with an active subscription to QuickBooks Online Payroll or QuickBooks Online Full Service Payroll will be visible in ViewMyPaycheck. Employees may need to confirm with the employer that their paychecks or W-2 forms were created and still exist (were not deleted) in QuickBooks Online.
How will employers and employees receive support for questions about ViewMyPaycheck?
The support processes will remain the same as they are today: Employees will continue to receive support via chat from within the ViewMyPaycheck site. Employers may either utilize the chat option, or may contact Payroll Support via phone for their product.
What if I would like to see more than what ViewMyPaycheck shows today?
We would love to hear from employers and employees! Employers should provide feedback from within QuickBooks Online by clicking the Gear Icon, and selecting Feedback. Be sure to tell us that your feedback is for ViewMyPaycheck specifically. Employees will login to ViewMyPaycheck and click the Feedback Icon in the top right corner of the window.
Existing ViewMyPaycheck Experience
What is it?
ViewMyPaycheck is a website (https://paychecks.intuit.com) that makes it easy for employers to give employees 24/7 online access to their own paycheck info. No more printing and mailing pay stubs every pay day or replacing lost or damaged pay stubs. Employees can simply sign in to their ViewMyPaycheck account and see any current or prior pay stubs.
Here's an example of what employees would see:
How does it work?
What are the browser or system requirements?
- Internet Explorer (IE) 9 or later
How much does ViewMyPaycheck cost?
Is there a mobile app for ViewMyPaycheck?
How do I sign up for ViewMyPaycheck?
EmployeesBefore you sign up:
- Check with your employer to see if ViewMyPaycheck is available for your company.
Make sure you have your Social Security number (SSN) handy and the net amount of your last paycheck issued by the company. The net amount is your take-home pay. We'll need this info to verify who you are and match you with the correct company and paycheck info.
- Go to ViewMyPaycheck (https://paychecks.intuit.com/).
- Click Sign Up.
Sign up for an Intuit account. An Intuit account allows you to access multiple sites and products with one user ID and password.You'll be asked to provide an email address, a password, and a security question and answer, in case you need to recover your password.Note: If you already use an Intuit product, such as TurboTax, then you may already have an Intuit account. If you already have one, we'll prompt you to use that account to sign up for ViewMyPaycheck.
- Enter your SSN and the net pay amount from your last paycheck issued by the company and then click All Done!
How do I set up ViewMyPaycheck for my employees?
- Run at least one payroll.
- Let your employees know they can access their paychecks online and send them these sign-up instructions (PDF).
Do I need to sign in with my Intuit account?
Why am I asked to confirm my account information?
Are there printable sign-up instructions for employees?
To access these instructions from your account:
- Go to your employee's profile.
- To the right of the Email field, click Learn about ViewMyPaycheck. If you don't see the link, simply click the help icon (?) on the top right and enter "ViewMyPaycheck" into the search. The first article to appear is the same article linked to the Email field.
- Click Send this email and an email template will open in your default email program. Update the email address and text as needed. Then, send!
How do I set up my ViewMyPaycheck account to see pay stubs from another company?
What can I do in ViewMyPaycheck?
- ViewMyPaycheck itemizes current and year-to-date earnings and deductions so you always know how your paycheck was calculated and where your money is going.
- Need a printed copy of your pay stub? No problem. Click Save As PDF to save a PDF copy of it to your computer and then print it for your records.
- If you want to be notified any time a new pay stub is uploaded to ViewMyPaycheck, go to Preferences and click the Send me an email when new pay stubs are available checkbox.
The ViewMyPaycheck Admin dashboard has been disabled so employers can no longer set preferences for their employees. Employers can NO longer:
- Show or hide paychecks that dated in the future.
- Prevent employees from using ViewMyPaycheck to view their paychecks online.
- Invite others as ViewMyPaycheck administrators for your company.
How do I get paycheck info from QuickBooks to ViewMyPaycheck?
Can employees view paychecks from more than one company?
- Sign in to ViewMyPaycheck.
- Select the drop-down arrow in the upper-right corner which displays the company name another company.
- Enter your SSN and the net pay amount from your last paycheck issued by the company.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to add the company to ViewMyPaycheck.
Can I turn email notifications on or off?
Turn the email notification on/off by toggling the checkbox Send me an email when new pay stub are available.